Version 1.8.0 and onward now has the option to show your login form in a popup modal.
Thanks to Eric de Waal (www.websitebron.nl) this option now is available in Kickstart Cassiopeia.
To enable this option, go to your the layout section, and enable the feature. A default class will be given, named 'logon'. You can change this if you want.
Once this is setup, you can now create a menu, that will show the login popup.
- Create a menu, name it as you like, for instance 'login'
- set the menu-itemtype to be a "System-link and then URL"
- Set the Link field to '#';
- Go to the tab 'link type' and set the link class to be the same class as you have set in the module, 'logon'
- Set the link-icon class to 'fas fa-unlock'
- Display menu item title: no
- Display in menu: Yes
It should look like the screenshots below:
Once done, you menu item should appear as an icon, and clicking on it will make the login form appear in a modal popup